Friday, February 1, 2013

February 1, 2013
I'm not quite sure how the week got away from me so I'll try to make up some time with a few more of my favorites.

Two flatpicking guitar giants are Tim Stafford of Blue Highway and Jim Hurst. Here they pick the bluegrass standard Forked Deer.  




I've seen Tim a number of times and I always get a kick out of his right hand position. Still the man can play some amazingly nice licks.



I have always thought that Bonnie Raitt and Eric Clapton should do a duet cd together. I believe their taste in music particularily the blues is very similar and their voices and guitar playing would certainly compliment each other. 

We don't have that but we do have her playing Love Has No PI have always thought that Bonnie Raitt and Eric Clapton should do a duet cd together. I believe their taste in music particularily the blues is very similar and their voices and guitar playing would certainly compliment each other. 

We don't have that but we do have her playing Love Has No Pride with David Crosby and Graham Nash singing background harmonies.





Just found out that James Taylor is now doing free online guitar lessons. How sweet is that? You can find out more about it at his website at http://www.jamestaylor.com/guitarlessons/ .  To celebrate this momentous occasion let's have  Sweet Daddy James play us a selection.  So I'll close out today with You Can Close Your Eyes... I'm going to bed.



So have a good weekend everyone, enjoy the Super Bowl and always remember kids,

Keep it Acoustic...
Stew

No comments:

Post a Comment